Tell us 3 fun facts about yourself:1. I went to college for the wrong thing! My friend knew that I liked programming, so he found what he thought was an engineering program. I agreed to go. It wasn’t like I felt like it was my life calling or anything, but I thought that being a programmer would be great. But it turned out the course was for System Administration! I finished it anyway.
2. I’ve been playing World of Warcraft for years and I keep trying to quit but I never can. I go through a couple of stages: first, I realize that the game is useless and that I have a problem, second I delete my profile and stop playing. Finally, after a month, I decide that it’s not that bad and I start playing again. And on and on it goes.
3. In school, I wanted to play the guitar, because I thought it would be awesome to be a guitar player. Turns out, it’s harder than I thought! I think it will be quite a few more years until I can call myself a guitar player.
What's your favorite type of music?Metal and classical music.
If you could choose any superpower, what would you choose and why?I would chOose to be immortal. If I was immortal, I could definitely change the world.
What is your position with the company?Account Analyst
How did you end up here? What was your career path like?After accidentally studying to become a system administrator (see above), Appodeal was my first job after university. I had heard about Appodeal while I was in school, but I never imagined I would actually end up working here. However, I didn’t want to get an internship, so I started thinking about applying for a job. Two of my friends were already working for Appodeal and they were great examples for me, and encouraged me to apply. Soon after I graduated, I sent in my resume and, well, here I am!
Walk us through an average dayAt the moment, all the work can be divided into three main tasks:
- Working in Slack channels related to traffic growth and the decline in traffic
- Analyzing new customers and new customer applications
- Checking the application of statistics.
My job as an analyst is to analyze statistics and to help account managers find problems before they become significant. Actually, this is the whole point of my work. Whatever I do, it aims to identify problems at an early stage of their development. Account managers are also very engaged with each account. Initially, the traffic decline is recorded automatically, after which it is checked by analysts. If it really is an actual traffic decline, it indicates the existence of a serious problem, otherwise it could be a reporting error. The main job is to test the application of statistics, which takes up 80% of the time.
What are your main tools?Slack and the Appodeal Admin Panel
What is your spirit animal?A wolf, because I like to work alone.
Where do you see yourself in two years?Honestly, I’m very happy in my role. It really suits me well. In two years, it would be great if I were skilled enough to become the Head of the Account Analysts. But I’d really like my main responsibilities to stay the same. My work is very interesting.
What part of your job do you find the most rewarding?The best part of the job is the application statistics check. In my opinion this is the most important part of my work, because it helps find problems that are just beginning. Identifying them can minimize damage and improve overall quality.
What is your meditation? How do you stay focused?Music is everything! It always helps me.
You can check out our last team interview here. See you next month for the next A-Team interview!