All Appodeal clients are required to provide a W-9 (for individuals in the US), a W-8BEN (for individuals outside the US), or W-8BEN-E (for entities outside the US) by October 31st, 2016. Otherwise, your payments will be held until the appropriate form is uploaded.
Please see the sample forms of these documents in our FAQ.
We know you may have some questions so please read our FAQ carefully. Feel free to contact our team at email@example.com as well.
1. Why do I need to update my payment information?
In order to remain compliant with the IRS, Appodeal must send 1099s to all clients who receive payments that total $600+ annually. Per company policy, all the required information must be collected in the form of W-9, W-8BEN, W-8BEN-E before payments may be issued.
2. What if I don’t reach the payment threshold of $600 in payments per year?
If your total payouts for the year are under $600, you will not receive a 1099. However, we do require that all clients submit a W-9, W-8BEN, or W-8BEN-E (depending on your country of residence) to initiate the payment process.
3. I live outside the United States. Do I still need to fill out the form?
Yes. All clients who live outside the United States must submit a W-8BEN (for individuals) or W-8BEN-E (for companies).
4. What is a form 1099?
A form 1099 is a type of "information return". You receive a 1099 form in the mail if you earn certain types of income during the year. Generally, you will have to report the information from a 1099 on your tax return.
5. Am I required to report my 1099 payment on tax returns?
Yes, any 1099 payment is considered taxable income by the IRS. If you earned less than $600 as an independent contractor, the payer does not have to send you a 1099-MISC, but you still have to report the amount as self-employment income.
6. What happens if I do not submit a form to Appodeal?
Clients who fail to or choose not to submit forms will not receive payment. We know you want to get paid so please submit these forms on time!
7. How do I upload the form?
Here’s what you need to do:
- Log into your Appodeal account.
- Click the Payouts tab.
- Select “Change payment details.”
- In “Pay via,” choose your preferred method of payment.
- Fill out the appropriate form (you can download a W9 here, a W-8BEN here, and a W-8BEN-E here).
- Upload the file in the last field.